Amelia Gates has been appointed voluntary Coordinator for YA21. She will
- Work with our two Honorary Youth Advisers and other young volunteers to develop a YA21 program on topics of interest to young people
- Publicise and promote YA21 to youth networks and the broader community
- Build volunteer capacity, engagement and networking among young people
- Develop and manage the YA21 social media presence
- Attract support for YA21 programs and encourage fundraising activities that are both fun and successful.
Her longer term vision is to develop YA21 as a valid, vibrant and respected voice of young people in Australia.
Amelia is Humanitarian Adviser to Richard Marles MP, Shadow Immigration and Border Protection Minister. She recently returned from Europe where she was undertook three internships – with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Bureau for Europe in Brussels, the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague, and the United Nations Development Program/Global Program for Parliamentary Strengthening (UNDP/GPPS) in Brussels. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Arts and Archaeology, a Graduate Diploma in International and Comparative Law and a Master’s degree in International Law and International Relations.
Contact Amelia via email@example.com